Social media strategists develop manage and track internet content on their employer’s social media pages. Because of the popularity of social media, social media strategists play a crucial role in defining agriculture’s brand to the masses.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Familiarity with existing social media outlets and commitment to knowledge of new outlets
- Write effective content for the web
- Support digital campaigns that have social media components and provide thought leadership and tactics to drive optimum consumer and commercial engagement
- Manage day-to-day social editorial calendar for social media channels and drive participation
- Protect the organization and its brands by responding to issues that arise in social media
- Familiarity with social media analytics metrics and resources
- Record social media analytics and performs forecasting for marketing to achieve sales objectives
- Draw conclusions and makes recommendations based on campaign analysis
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Lead and manage marketing projects, including planning, budget and status reporting
- Monitor and analyze metrics and outcomes of marketing programs.
- Track and report on budget for assigned programs.
- Suggest, develop, and implement tests and mail strategies for assigned programs
What education and training is required?
Social media strategist may have a bachelor’s degree, or even a graduate level degree in communications. When working in the agriculture industry, an agriculture communications degree is more competitive for job seeking individuals.
To pursue a career as a social media strategist:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, English, communication, graphic design and computer courses.
Where can I work?
Social media strategist are employed by various size companies and organizations who have a desire to marketing their corporate brand via social media sites.
Future Job Market / Outlook
The future outlook for a social media strategist will be good over the next five years.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations
- AgChat Foundation
- Public Relations Society of America
- National Agri-Marketing Association